Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

School!

About a month ago, Owen and I started Mother's Day Out, I teach there and he plays and learns.  Since it's not really a "day out" for this Mom, we just call it "school" :)  But no matter what we call it, he LOVES it!  He is in my class with the Pre-K kids and besides the fact that he is a bit shorter than his classmates, he fits right in.  I know I'm his Mom, so I am completely biased, but I am being honest when I say that he is every bit as smart as those 4 soon-to-be-turning-five year olds.  Really.  He is.  He sometimes even corrects them if they say the wrong letter, which seems to surprise them because they know he is younger than they are.  He makes me so very proud.  He knows his letters, some letter sounds and he is writing his name.  He even recognizes the other kids names and will bring their papers or supplies to them. He also sometimes rolls around on the floor or chugs around the room while the other kids are working, reminding me that he is three and doesn't have the attention span and maturity of a five year old.  But seeing him with them really makes me realize how smart he is.  He is active..."all boy"...energetic...even wild at times, but oh my! He is smart!  He has the potential to do great things and I can't wait to see what they are!

Here are some pictures of Owen and his sweet friends at school...













I have to brag on these next few pictures...
this is something he was doing by himself.
I was working with some other kids at the table 
and I looked over and he had put A, B, C and D together
by himself.  He makes me so proud!

In case you can't figure it out...this is his name.  
All the letters are there, upside down, backwards...
whatever...it doesn't matter...they are there! O-W-E-N.  
Soooo proud of my little guy hanging in there with those 4 and 5 year olds.
Go, Owen, go!

He did this by himself, too.
He took each dry erase marker one at a time and made his own rainbow.
He showed all the other kiddos and they liked it so much, 
some of them wanted to make one of their own. 

Owen, I am so incredibly proud of you!
You are doing so many great things with your friends in Pre-K.
I can't imagine what you will be doing when you actually get to Pre-K!
Maybe you could just be the teacher :)