Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

Turkey Week?

This is what we have been into this week...

We started "Turkey Week" this week because we will be in Fort Lauderdale next week.  But we had to forgo some of our activities because Owen was running a fever for a couple of days and didn't feel like celebrating turkeys. I forget how incredibly sweet Owen is when he isn't feeling well.  I hate it when he is sick, but I enjoy holding him and taking care of him.  I will never get tired of hearing him say, "Mama, hold you!" and seeing his little arms reaching up to me. He had a pretty high fever around midnight one night so I got to hold him until he fell back asleep then, too.  We went to the library one day because we needed to get out of the house and when we got back, he wanted us both to put on pajamas and watch The Polar Express. We watched The Polar Express three times during the time he wasn't feeling well and I enjoyed every minute.  And even though we didn't get to everything on my "Turkey Week" list, Owen still learned a lot this week.  He learned what a turkey is, I am pretty sure he knows the letter T and I know for a fact he knows all about The Polar Express. He even learned to sing, "When Christmas Comes to Town!" with his arms spread out wide.  Too funny! And I learned something too...I learned how fun it is to put on your pajamas and watch a movie with your little boy right in the middle of the day. Life really doesn't get much better than that.  

In between our Polar Express showings and watching train videos on the internet, we managed to squeeze in a few turkey activities...
Gluing feathers on a turkey...again, Owen LOVES glue!

Owen showing off his turkey masterpiece!

T is for Turkey sticker page.

Coloring a turkey...I love his color choices :)

A pizza shaped like a turkey!