Well, Mr. Owen is five months old now and still having trouble sleeping. He was sleeping great for a while, but then he started waking up again. He has been waking up every few hours for about a month now and it seems like we have tried everything. I was looking on the internet today and I read something on the Dr. Sears website that I really liked.
"All babies will someday sleep through the night. This high maintenance stage of nighttime parenting will pass. The time in your arms and at your breast is a relatively short while in the life of your baby. Yet the memories of love and availability will last forever."
This made me realize that I need to stop worrying about getting Owen on a set schedule and getting him to sleep through the night. He needs me. And I need to cherish this special time we have together because soon it will be gone.
That reminds me of that song...
It won't be like this for long
One day soon your little one is gonna be
All grown up and gone.
This phase is gonna to fly by
If you can just hold on
It won't be like this for long.