You are welcome, little bug. A thousand times...you are welcome.
Friday, January 17, 2014
Thank you
I am feeling really emotional about my little bug lately. I guess because I know he is the last baby I'll ever have and I feel like it's already going by so fast. Soon he will be six months and I feel like the tiny little baby we brought home is growing more and more everyday. I just don't want to forget anything about either of my sweet babies. I want to memorize the sound of his coos, gurgles and laughter and his big gummy grin. I want to always remember the smell of his hair and his sweet baby breath. I want to remember how it feels when he is nursing and he grabs my hand or looks up at me and immediately breaks into a big grin. I want to remember how cute his little nakey buns are and how much I love holding him and thinking about him growing inside me. I am so incredibly in love with him. I can't even begin to explain how much I love him. There are no words to describe how much a mother loves her children, so I won't even try.
And I know he loves me, too. I can tell by the way he looks at me. Even though he can't say anything yet, I know what he is thinking. When he looks up at me, it's like he is saying "thank you. Thank you for taking care of me. Thank you for feeding me when I am hungry and holding me when I want to be held. Thank you for keeping me so clean and giving me a quick bath when I have a poopy diaper so my buns don't hurt. Thank you for talking to me and singing songs to me. Thank you for reading books to me, even though I am so little...I still like to listen and look. Thank you for coming to get me during the night instead of letting me cry in my crib and wonder where you are. Thank you for staying home with me so I don't have to go to "school" and spend all my days with strangers. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for having me."
You are welcome, little bug. A thousand times...you are welcome.
You are welcome, little bug. A thousand times...you are welcome.