Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Potty Day!

I decided that it was finally time to potty train Mr. O.  I knew he was old enough and smart enough and I knew he was ready.  I just wasn't ready. I knew it would be a lot of work and I just wasn't up to the task.  BUT...I decided it was time...so I got ready.  We already had a "potty present" that Owen picked out about a month ago.  We wrapped it up and put it under the Christmas tree, thinking it might inspire him to go.  I guess I was thinking he might want that present so bad that he would just potty train himself in order to get it.  I was wrong.  Before we knew it, Christmas was over and the potty present sat under the tree all alone.  So we had the potty present. We had M-n-M's skittles, pull ups, Thomas underwear, a Thomas potty, the special red plate and balloons...because I wanted to make it an extra special day.  We were armed and ready for this extra special big boy day.  Here are some pictures from our day...



This cute little sleepy head slept until 9:30!
I think he was trying to sleep through Potty Day!

We celebrated with pancakes because 
this big boy LOVES to cook!


When it was time to take off his diaper and put on underwear, 
he convinced me that he needed to "sort" them first...

Then he went back to playing with his trains...
without underwear.

Luckily, it was a beautiful warm day, 
so we were able to spend some time outside.

Here he is holding his potty present, 
waiting patiently.

He finally went on the potty and 
got to open his present!

Playing with his new present!

His new Dream Light!

Overall, "Potty Day" was a huge success.  I was so proud of him, I could've cried.  Okay...so I did. 
He still doesn't want to wear underwear...
I guess that is too much of a commitment right now.  Underwear means no more diapers, 
and he's not quite ready for that just yet.  So, we are currently on day 4 of going commando.
I'm not sure how to get him past that hurdle...guess we might need an "underwear present" to do the convincing. I'm not going to worry about that today.  Today I'm going to be proud of my sweet Owen. Proud that he has nakey buns instead of a diaper.  Proud that he was brave. Proud that even though he is such a big boy now, he is still my baby boy.