Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Tent Day


Quick story...
Owen had an absolute meltdown when we were getting ready to leave this morning.  When he saw that I had   changed into my workout clothes, he laid in the floor and started crying saying, "put your jammies back on! I don't want to go ANYWHERE today!"  I had gotten out his clothes and our shoes and he took every bit of it and put it back, crying the entire time and saying that he didn't want to go anywhere.  We go somewhere every single day.  We go an adventure everyday and we have so much fun.  He loves it! First thing every morning, he asks me where we are going and who is going to be there.  But for some reason, he was adamant about not going anywhere today.

So we stayed home.  We made a pretty impressive tent. It has been raining all morning and we have spent the majority of the day in that tent. We read books. We played with trains. We played with flashlights.  We talked.  We have had a really great day. Periodically, Owen would look over at me and say, "I'm glad we in this tent, Mommy." I think he knew how much we both needed a tent day.  Right now, it's 3:30 in the afternoon.  Owen is sound asleep in that tent and I am still in my pajamas.