Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

My birthday

Today is my birthday.  April 4th has always been special to me... a day when I celebrate ME!  Actually, for those of you who know me really well, you know that I used to think the whole month of April was cause for a celebration of me :)  For some reason, it feels different this year.  34 years ago, God brought me into this world.  I know there are many reasons why I am here, but I know that God brought me into this world so that I could be Owen's Mommy.  He absolutely lights up my life and gives me a reason to celebrate everyday, not just today.  I am so thankful for my birthday.  I am thankful I am here to spend today and everyday with my precious Owen. My Mom has always said that ever since I was born, when it is her birthday, she is always reminded that mine is just a few days away.  I get it now.  It's not about me, what I get to do, or what gifts I get.  I am a Mom...and even when it's my birthday, my little guy is what's important.

So here are a few pictures of what we did on our special day.  Let me start off by saying that I was greeted this morning with my little guy running down the hall as fast as he could to sing "Happy Birthday" to me! I don't have a picture of it, but I do have a video.  It was truly priceless!

We went to Fountain City Park 
and threw rocks in the creek, of course.


I tried to get a picture of both of us...
need to keep working on that...


We went to Scrumps for a yummy cupcake!
Owen picked strawberry...yum!

We ate lunch outside at Salsaritas!

We went to the library 
and checked out so many books!


Here is Owen with his quesadillas...
the pictures somehow got out of order.

Thanks for a perfect day, Owen!  It couldn't have been any better.