Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

Pumpkin Week

I went into "pumpkin week" thinking it would be a neat way to do some fun Halloween activities.  I figured we would do a few activities and that would count as our pumpkin week. After all, my little student is only two!  I have been so pleasantly surprised by how much Owen has enjoyed pumpkin week.  We have done tons of pumpkin related activities and read lots and lots and lots of pumpkin books before naps and bedtime.  When Owen sees the bag of pumpkin week activities, he gets all excited, claps his hands and says, "It's punkin week!" I love it!  Here are some pictures of some of the many activities we have done this week.

pumpkin mask

P is for pumpkin sticker activity

painting

5 Little Pumpkins story...he loved this!

our own pumpkin story

rainbow pumpkins

jack-o-lantern pizzas...he loves helping Mama make pizzas!

5 Little Pumpkins to go with our story :)

pumpkin activity box...everything in the box is orange

he liked the linking cubes best of all and made a "big, big tower!"

Pumpkin face pancakes at IHOP!
I didn't get a good picture of Owen's pancake, but I got one of Addie's.

We are carving our pumpkins tomorrow. Pictures coming soon...

Owen and I have had such a great time playing and learning during pumpkin week!
Needless to say, we are going to have a theme week every week, instead of just once a month.  I can't wait!!