Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Dear Owen

My sweet Owen, where do start?  It feels like just yesterday I was writing your first birthday letter, and now a year has quickly passed.  It's hard to organize my thoughts or get my emotions under control to write this letter.  I am amazed by you.  I am amazed by how much you have grown, learned and done over the past year.  On your birthday last year, I thought you were so big.  You were walking around everywhere and really starting to talk.  But now, on your 2nd birthday, you are running, jumping and having conversations!  It is truly unbelievable!  I am in awe of what a special little guy you are.  You light up every second of my life and you make me happier than I have ever been. I never knew I could love someone as much as I love you.  You have my heart.

I enjoy spending everyday with you and taking you out to see the world.  Most of all, I enjoy seeing the world in a whole new way...through your eyes.  You make me see things I would never notice on my own and you make me appreciate the little things in life. I never knew how much fun splashing in a puddle could be and I never before took the time to stop and feel the breeze.  I am thankful beyond words for you and I love you more than you could ever know right now. I look forward to the next year and all of the exciting adventures we will have together.

Happy Birthday, sweet Owen. Happy Birthday to you!
Love, Mama