Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Stuck at Chick-fil-A

We went to Chick-fil-A for lunch today and Owen played on the outdoor playground.  It's really made for bigger kids because it has a pretty long tunnel they have to crawl through to get to the slide.  He was crawling through the tunnel and he went a little too far.  I heard him calling me, and when I found him, he was pretty far in the tunnel...almost to the slide, actually.  But I guess he was too scared to go any further.  He was sticking his little hand through a space saying, "Mama, reach!"  He was too far up for me to reach, so I was trying to get him to go back through.  He wasn't crying, which was good, because if he was, I would've climbed up those stairs and crawled through that tunnel in a heartbeat.  Although, I am not even sure I would be able to fit through the tunnel...it's pretty small.  He wasn't crying, but I could tell by looking at his face he was scared.

I was trying to find a kid to crawl up there and get him and I was praying for God to keep him safe.  I was about 2 seconds away from a full out panic and then he started crawling back to the stairs.  He crawled all the way back and walked all the way down the stairs and I scooped him up and gave him the biggest hug!  Those Moms probably thought I was crazy for being so excited about my little one coming down the stairs, but I didn't care.  I was so proud of him for being so brave and getting himself out of a scary situation when I couldn't do it for him.  And do you know what he did next?  He climbed the stairs and went right through that tunnel again.  But this time, he didn't go as far.