Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Enjoying the moment

Another month has gone by...I can't believe it!  It is crazy to think I am so busy that I only have time to post once a month, but that seems to be the case these days.  We are on the go every day and I am loving every minute of adventures with my little guy.  Owen had his well visit last week and Dr. Abby said he is doing great! He weighs 25 pounds, which is a little small, but she reassured me that he is fine. He is down to one big boy nap each day, so our mornings are always filled with lots of fun activities.  We do as much as we can from the second he wakes up and then he crashes after lunch, and some days I feel like I could, too :)

We just spent a week at Grandad and CeCe's house in Memphis and had so much fun!  Owen loved watching all of the big trucks go by on their busy street and he loved playing at the playgrounds close to their house.  He also got to ride around in Grandad's plane...how fun!! He was so brave and I was so proud of him! That little guy is not going to be afraid of anything, which kind of makes me a little afraid :)  Owen and I were spoiled rotten all week long and enjoyed every minute we had with my Mom and Dad.  We are so lucky to have them! Here are some pictures from our visit...

Getting a haircut with Grandad...
posing for a picture after his haircut...
flying with Grandad...

on a train with Grandad and CeCe...

sitting at the hangar with Momma and Brady (Buh Buh)...

I am reading a book right now about parenting and I came across something the other day that really made me stop and think.  It said that kids around Owen's age are incapable of thinking into the future, they can only think of the present.  Which means that if we are at the park, Owen is thinking about the park.  If we are in the car, he is thinking about the car ride. If we are playing outside, he is thinking about playing outside.  If we are at the zoo, he is thinking about the zoo.  He isn't thinking about what he is going to do next week, or tomorrow, or even 10 minutes from now.  He is just enjoying the moment...and I should learn to do that too.