Yesterday, Owen was soooo sick! He started acting sick Monday at our playgroup and was running a fever that afternoon. I took him to the pediatrician and they couldn't find anything wrong, besides his fever, which was over 101 even after I gave him Tylenol. They said it may have been a reaction to his MMR, which he got last week and it would last around 48 hours. Whatever the reason was, he felt awful! I am not exaggerating when I say we spent the entire day in our pajamas in the recliner. He didn't want me to put him down all day long. If I put him down for even a second, he would start crying. He didn't eat anything all day, he just drank lots of milk. He was so pitiful! He slept off and on the entire day while I read and watched TV, which I never do anymore. If I moved, he would wake up and start crying, so I tried to be very still. If Brady could have brought me a Diet Coke and I would've been set! He was up every hour on the hour all night, fighting off his fever.
He is feeling much better today and is not running a fever...thank God! I am so glad he is feeling better and is back to his lively little self. He woke up this morning talking, laughing, playing like usual and the first thing he wanted was his snow boots! He hasn't wanted to be held all day, which is how he usually is. He likes to go all day and he doesn't stop moving until he is asleep. It is easy to tell when Owen is not feeling well because he always wants to be held. I don't like for him to feel bad, but I love taking care of him. Yesterday was such a great day. I got to hold my sweet little boy all day long. I haven't gotten to do that since he was a baby and I truly loved every minute. There is no place in this world I would've rather been yesterday than sitting in that recliner with my little boy. He needed me...and I think I needed him, too.