Pages

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Dr. Abby

Owen went to visit Dr. Abby for his 12 month check up this week.  He weighed 20 pounds, 14 ounces and was 29 inches long.  He had to get 3 shots and a TB skin test! Bless his heart!  He got very upset, but he was still so brave. Justin came to the appointment, which I was very thankful for.  I don't like to be there for the shots, although, I know I could've done it if I had to.  Dr. Abby took a look in his mouth and said he has EIGHT teeth coming in all at the same time! No wonder he has been getting up in the middle of the night!   She said we should give him some baby Motrin so he can sleep better, and that has helped.  He is going to have a mouthful of teeth in just a few days!

He can say Mama, Dada, Brady, duck and dog.  He recognizes no, head, belly, dance, snacks, night-night,  and hooray!  He knows the song "If you're happy and you know it..." and he claps his hands every time. He loves the Baby Einstein Mirror Me book and can "puff his cheeks full of air" like Baby McDonald.  He also loves 8 Silly Monkeys and he will "bump his head" when you start reading it to him.  He can also shake his head and wave his arms back and forth for "no more monkeys jumping on the bed!".  He can wave bye-bye and blow kisses.  He can also give sweet kisses if you ask him to and he is feeling cuddly and sweet.  Most of the time, he will shake his head and walk off when you ask him for a kiss!  He can also make the "old man face" on command now, which is so funny!

Here are some things Owen likes...if you aren't me, this is probably not going to be very interesting :)
  • walking, walking, walking...and getting closer everyday to running!
  • looking at books
  • trying to play with Brady
  • giving Brady her treats
  • bringing handfuls of Brady's food to her
  • pulling Brady's tail and playing in her water bowl
  • watching Brady run around the yard
  • keys
  • trying to fit his keys into every screw and nail in the house
  • flushing the toilet
  • Ziplock baggies...he likes to fill them up with all sorts of treasures, or just carry them around
  • doing anything outside
  • riding in his cars
  • dancing to his firetruck music
  • dancing to the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse song...after the song is over, he is not interested anymore
  • cheddar puffs
  • Goldfish
  • baby sweet potatoes
  • yogurt
  • regular milk
  • opening and closing the dryer
  • opening and closing doors
  • being upside down or very high in the air
Owen is growing and learning so much everyday.  He is like a little sponge, soaking up everything around him. I am so thankful that I get to spend this special time with him and see him growing and changing everyday.  I am thankful that I get to be the one who is teaching him.  It didn't make sense to me to be at school teaching other children while someone else was teaching mine.  I thank God everyday for our special times together.  We are having so much fun going to Baby Bookworms, playdates, Salsaritas, the zoo and MOPS.  I wouldn't  miss this special time for anything in the world.  I love spending every moment with my little guy. I love getting him clean, dressed and fed and taking him out to see the world.  He is so much fun to be around and I am so blessed to have him.  I look forward to many more special days with him that I will remember for the rest of my life. I love this little guy more than I every imagined I would.  I love his hugs, kisses and snuggles.  His laughter and his sweet little voice truly warm my heart.