Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Books, songs and a fat lip!
So we ventured out to Mornings with Mommy for the first time today. We met our friends Ashley and Anna Kate there to check it out together. The kids sang songs, listened to stories, raked some fake leaves and played in a rice table. The rice table was by far Owen's favorite part. He wanted to play there the whole time and he cried when I took him away. He also got to paint a pumpkin. Okay, so I actually painted it for him, but he got to put on the apron and hold the paintbrush :) After the pumpkin activity, Owen started to wander around the room. That little guy likes to get something in his little hand (a shovel from the rice table, in this case) and explore. I was watching as he wandered around the room and talking to Ashley and Anna Kate. When I looked up, Owen was on the ground with another little boy on top of him. No big deal, I figured they just fell down. So I was on my way over to get Owen and he was on his way to meet me with that same little boy following close behind. Then the little boy grabbed onto Owen's shirt and pushed him down! I was holding Owen trying to calm him down when I looked at him and saw that his little lip was bleeding! The little boy was older, so his Mom made him sit in time out and tried to get him to apologize to Owen. Owen was up and running a few minutes later and actually played right next to the boy at the rice table. How quickly little kids forgive, forget and move on to more important things!