Pages

Friday, November 13, 2009

Late night feedings

I will admit that the late night feedings are hard, especially for someone who used to get about 10 STRAIGHT hours of sleep before Owen. I learned early on that I needed to change my attitude towards the middle of the night feedings.  I tried to look at like it was my job. My job is to take care of my baby and feed him, no matter what time of day or night it is.  At first, I was so sleep deprived, I would doze off during the middle of the night feedings, but it has become such a special time for us.  The house is dark, quiet and peaceful and I just take this special time to sit and look at my beautiful baby.  I am still tired when I get up sometimes, but I actually look forward to our special time.  And it's even better now that he can smile.  When I hear him fussing, I go into his room, look over his crib and he stops crying and breaks out into a big grin.  How could you not look forward to that?