Friday, November 13, 2009
Breastfeeding
The nurses in the hopspital told me the first two weeks of nursing would be hard. They said to hang in there and it would get better. They were right, except it took about a month for me. The first few weeks I was worried I wasn't making enough milk, he wasn't getting enough milk, he was eating too often, or not often enough. Our pediatrician said to aim for 8 to 10 minutes on each side, which was great! I was struggling to feed him 20 minutes on each side, like the nurses had said. It was stressing me out! After a month, we had our own little routine established and it works for us. Sometimes he eats a lot and other times, he eats for jsut a few minutes and falls asleep. I think you just have to find what works for you and your baby. You are the expert!